Bicycles are two-wheeled vehicles that bring us to different places. They’re lightweight, handy, and reliable modes of transportation.
But parking the bike is one of the biggest problems most newbie cyclists face. Sure, you can just lay it down and let the tip of the grips and pedals touch the ground. There’s no problem with that!
However, some people just don’t like to see their bike lying on the ground even if that’s not an issue. Instead, they want to see their bikes standing straight and firm no matter what its consequences are.
That’s where bike kickstands come in.
They are attached on the left-rear side of a bike and latch out when kicked. They are convenient because you don’t have to put your bike on the ground. You also don’t have to worry about slight scratches on your grips and pedals (even if that’s their original purpose!).
Unfortunately, they are dangerous especially if you’re riding trails or off roads. The kickstand can accidentally open and get stuck on something. You can then fall off your bike or lose balance because of the uneven weight distribution.
The ones who use kickstands are mostly beginner cyclists. Little do they know that there are many ways on how to park a bike without laying it flat on the ground. Kickstands are still convenient even if it compromises a bit of safety and maneuverability.
So, what is the best mountain bike kickstand to get? Read on to know more!
|FORTOP Bike Support Bicycle Kickstand Adjustable Aluminum Alloy for 22" 24" 26" 28" Mountain Bike/Road Bicycle/BMX/MTB/City Commuter Bike/Kids Bike/Sports Bike/Adult Bike/700 Road Bike (Normal)||Prime||No Results|
|BV Adjustable Bicycle Bike Kickstand with Concealed Spring-Loaded Latch, for 24-29 Inch Bicycles||Prime||No Results|
|Sataway Bike Kickstand Adjustable Rear Mount Aluminum Alloy Bicycle Kickstand for 24” 26” 700C 27.5” 28” inch Mountain Bike Adult Bike||Prime||No Results|
|ShareTime Bike Kickstand for Kids Bicycle Adjustable Center Mount Bicycle Kickstands Bike Stand for 16'' 18'' 20'' 22'' 24'' 26'' Mountain Bike/Road Bicycle/Adult Bike/Sports Bike||Prime||No Results|
|LEICHTEN Adjustable Bicycle Kickstand Aluminum Alloy Bike Kick Stand for 26" 27.5" 28" 29" 700c Mountain Bike /Road Bike/ BMX /Adults bike/City bike Storage||Prime||No Results|
|Karetto Adjustable Bike Kickstand- Rear Side Bicycle Stand with 2 Hexagon Wrenches， Bike Side Support for 20 22 24 26 Inch Mountain Bike/Road Bicycle/Adult Bike/Sports Bike||Prime||No Results|
|Bike Kickstand Adjustable Aluminum Alloy Bicycle Side Stand Bicycle Kickstand with Hexagon Wrench Fit for 22" 24" 26" 27.5" 28" Mountain Bike/700 Road Bike/BMX/MTB Bike||Prime||No Results|
Fortop Support Kickstand
The Fortop Support Kickstand is one of the best kickstands you can get for your bike. This one’s made from aluminum alloy which is known for its durability and reliability.
It features an adjustable length so you can install this on any bike you want. It can be adjusted between 12 inches to 14 inches and 16 inches to 20 inches.
This is also one of the most versatile kickstands on the market because it can fit any bike size. This works on 22-inch, 24-inch, 26-inch, and 29-inch bikes. They’re easy to install thanks to their simple frame structure. It also has a soft plastic grip to avoid frame scratches.
It has a foot made from non-slip reinforced plastic to ensure durability and safety. The clamp is also attached with bike hooks so that it won’t damage your rear triangle.
- Durable – It is very durable thanks to its aluminum alloy structure. This can handle light to moderate vibrations especially if you ride on trails.
- Sturdy – This is built well and sturdy as it doesn’t shake or get loose from your rear triangle. You are assured that this won’t fall off.
- Adjustability – It’s easy to adjust but there’s a high chance you’ll readjust it after a few hours of riding.
BV Bike Kickstand
Another choice for you is the BV Bike Kickstand. This has many features which make this a splendid choice for a mountain bike kickstand.
It has a spring-loaded latch that conceals it so it won’t ruin your bike’s appeal. It’s also a pleasant choice if you prioritize versatility because this fits 24-inch, 26-inch, and 29-inch bikes. You don’t even need to use a tool to adjust its length, which makes this a very convenient bike stand.
They made the sole from non-slip material while they made its base from reinforced plastic. This ensures that your stand won’t sink in the mud or slip off on wet cement or trails. It even has steel hexagonal bolts that prevent slippage.
- Quality – This bike stand is reliable because it has bolts made from steel which prevents rusting. They also made the structure from reinforced plastic.
- Fits any bike – This can fit various bike sizes, from 24-inch to 29-inch ones.
- Extends too much – The kickstand sticks out too far from your bike. This can pose a threat because it can get stuck on roots or large stones.
- Hard to tighten – The bolts are also hard to adjust because of their hexagonal shape.
Sataway Bike Kickstand
Then there is the Sataway Bike Kickstand that’s made from aluminum alloy. It’s one of the easiest to adjust kickstands in the market because of its shape and tightening mechanism. This one’s for you if you’ve got a 24-inch, 26-inch, 27.5-inch, or 29er bike.
A highlight of this stand is its stabilization feature where it is mounted into two points. This improves stability and avoids slippage.
This stand is also easy to install thanks to its rear mounting angle. This means that you don’t have to tilt the bike to install the stand. The Sataway kickstand is made from aluminum alloy, which makes this light. You also don’t have to worry about rusting because this is rust-proof.
Aside from the durable frame, this stand also has a non-slip foot that prevents slipping on wet pavement or trails.
- Rigid and well-made – This is a sturdy and rigid kickstand because it doesn’t flex or bend. It’s a great buy if you have a heavy bike.
- Stable – The stand also doesn’t easily move because of its straight shape. This means you don’t have to worry if your bike is parked on an inclined trail or road.
- Easy Installation – It’s very easy to install. You don’t even need to use a tool!
- Durability – It’s not the most durable kickstand. Use this with caution when riding through aggressive trails.
ShareTime Bike Kickstand
ShareTime Bike Kickstand is another one you might consider. This is a very versatile stand because it can also work on smaller bikes with 16-inch and 18-inch wheels. But this can also work well on dirt jump bikes with 24-inch wheels or 26-inch trail bikes.
It’s made from alloy paired with non-slip rubber footings. There’s a good chance you’ll forget you have a kickstand on your bike because this one’s very light!
The ShareTime kickstand is easily adjustable as well. Simply loosen the screw found at the middle with a wrench and tweak it to your settings.
It is also a very ergonomic kickstand which makes it nice to look at. This is also comfortable to use because of its easy kick motion. You don’t have to exert much effort to extend this one!
- Lightweight< – The stand is very light. You might even forget you have a kickstand installed on your bike.
- Affordable – It’s also priced just right, compared to other similar kickstands with the same quality.
- Durability – Avoid using this on downhill trails because they can break if they hit something
Leichten Bicycle Kickstand
The Leichten Bicycle Kickstand is a great buy if you’d want a reliable kickstand you can put on different bikes. This isn’t just limited to mountain bikes. Instead, you can also install it on BMX, road bikes, or city bikes. It’s a great bang for your buck because of its versatility!
It’s made with solid aluminum alloy just like the other kickstands in this list. This makes the stand very sturdy and reliable even if you accidentally hit it on some rocks.
Aside from these, it’s also waterproof and anti-corrosive. They set a spring tension system in place to improve the kicking process. The kickstand’s bottom part functions like a duck’s foot because it provides excellent grip and skid resistance.
The Leichten Bicycle Kickstand looks good with the bright design and simple lines. There are also length adjustment screws at the back in case you want to tweak its measurements.
- Versatile – This fits any bike. It’s an all-in-one kickstand you can put into any bike you have.
- Size – The size is ideal for its length. It doesn’t feel awkward even if you are in technical trail sections.
- Aesthetics – The stand looks nice and good and adds good value to your bike.
- Easily folds – This stand can easily fold which is a bit dangerous if you forget it’s there.
Karetto Adjustable Bike Kickstand
Karetto also has its bike kickstand that can be considered one of the best in the market. It features two hexagonal wrenches to ensure safety against vandals.
It can also support 20-inch, 22-inch, 24-inch, and 26-inch bikes. So don’t get this one if you have a 29er bike.
You can adjust the length with a regular wrench tool. Simply loosen the screw’s middle portion to your preferences. This can be adjusted between 13 inches to 15 inches, which is ideal for on-road or off-road cycling.
What’s nice about this is it already comes with two hexagonal wrenches.
- Easy to Use – This is very easy to use because it comes with its wrenches. Simply unwrap the wrench and use it directly on the screws.
- Sturdy build – The structure of this stand is very sturdy and doesn’t vibrate or rattle when on the trails.
- Awkward shape – The shape of the kickstand is a bit off because it can easily get stuck on rocks or roots
Kbrotech Bike Kickstand
You might also want to consider the Kbrotech Bike Kickstand. This is one of the finer-looking options in this list because it focuses on aesthetics.
But don’t take this lightly because it’s also very functional. It comes with a hexagonal wrench that allows easy tightening of the middle screw. You can adjust its height from 13.6 inches to 15/7 inches, which makes it very flexible.
It also fits various bikes like BMX, road bikes, mountain bikes, and even kids’ bikes. But note that the oval tube diameter should only be around 15 mm to 28 mm.
They made this stand from premium aluminum alloy. So, you don’t need to worry about rust and slippage. It’s coupled with an anti-slip pad on the base to provide a better grip on the surface.
- Affordable – The stand is affordable compared to other brands with similar features. But what’s nice is that it doesn’t compromise durability!
- Easy to install – This is very easy to install even for beginners.
- Doesn’t absorb vibrations – The kickstand feels shaky if you ride on off roads. This can affect your balance especially if you’re still a bike newbie.
Choosing the best mountain bike kickstand is important if you want to ensure safety and convenience. Remember that you can ride your bike and enjoy the trails even without a kickstand.
There are many ways to park your bike upright. You can lean your bike’s tires on a wall or use your saddle as a contact point on a tree. You can even use your pedals as a stand if you find a small rock or roots.
But most cyclists, especially the beginners, find these still inconvenient that’s why they want a kickstand. Simply kick the stand outwards and you’re ready! Kickstands are all about convenience and safety.
Just choose the best mountain bike kickstands on this list, and you’ll have a better ride and parking later.
A writer by day, a tech enthusiast by night, and a mountain biker at the weekends.
After four years in business school and working for multinational clients, Jomar believes he can improve the world through his writings.
Jomar has six years of experience as a writer and has a degree in entrepreneurial marketing. Some of his works have been published on Blokt, Clutch Points, and iTech.